[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.1 soon

Rainer Frohnhoefer rain_list@arcor.de
Fri Dec 20 19:23:02 2002

Am Freitag, 20.12.02 um 16:55 Uhr schrieb Mark Zimmerman:

> On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 05:36:10PM +0200, Vitaly Prapirny wrote:
[snip]
>> There are two problems with patch in its current form:
>> 1. We must use different source trees for AIX and for other platforms.
>> 2. When the original sources are changing someone must remake the
>> patch.
>
> Yes, but this has always been the situation for those platforms that
> have patch files in the distribution.  The issue that started this
> thread was the question of whether or not to incorporate some changes
> to the patch file as part of 4.0.1.
>
> The changes in question do not make this situation worse so I hope
> they are incorporated because it would simplify my life in a small
> way.

ACK. Same for me.

>> Are there any problems to include the patch into the main sources
>> (with
>> compilation only for AIX) ?
>
> I have wondered about this too but it is a separate issue which will
> probably involve extended discussion in a new thread.

  Yep. Basically, the IBM xlC5 compiler has a bug regarding scoping and
does not compile the file include/omniORB4/cdrStream.h  ... for xlC to
swallow it, the whole structure has to be changed. I guess we don't
want to do this because of one buggy compiler. A couple of #ifdefs
could probably cure it. Maybe there's time for it in the new year ...

  Regards,
	-Rainer