[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.1 soon

Mark Zimmerman markzimm@frii.com
Thu Dec 19 19:16:12 2002

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 08:32:08AM -0700, Mark Zimmerman wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 11:55:03AM +0000, Duncan Grisby wrote:
> > On Tuesday 10 December, Mark Zimmerman wrote:
> >
> > > Any chance of incorporating the patch to aix_xlC_5.0.patch that I
> > > submitted last month? There were no responses to it on the list.
> >
> > Yes, but I currently have two conflicting AIX reports. Rainer
> > Frohnhoefer thinks the patch is OK, except that AIX patch doesn't like
> > the format of the file. You didn't mention anything about the format
> > of the file, but have problems with what it does. Can you two (and
> > anyone else with AIX access) decide on what is needed?
> >

> I always use gnu patch on all systems I use (linux, solaris, aix)
> since that is the only way I can get consistent results. It never
> occurred to me to try aix patch.
>
> Does the unpatched patch file work with aix patch? If so, my patch
> broke that and I will look into fixing it.

I checked on my system and the original aix_xlC_5.0.patch will not
work with AIX patch so it seems that compatibility with AIX patch is
irrelevant. Here are my results:

snoopy$ uname -a
AIX snoopy 3 4 000544244C00

# with AIX patch:
snoopy$ /usr/bin/patch -p0 < patches/aix_xlC_5.0.patch
Processing...  I cannot find a patch in there anywhere.

# with gnu patch:
snoopy$ /usr/local/bin/patch -p0 < patches/aix_xlC_5.0.patch
patching file include/omniORB4/cdrStream.h
patching file mk/beforeauto.mk.in
patching file src/services/mklib/dir.mk
patching file src/tool/omniidl/cxx/dir.mk

-- Mark