[omniORB] EBCDIC Codesets

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Thu Dec 19 17:51:00 2002

On Monday 16 December, Corrigan Coleman wrote:

> I'm working on an EBCDIC port of Omniorb 4 (BS2000), and am running into a
> slight codeset problem.
>
> The initialisation is failing to add the default codesets to the
> codeset lists, logCodeSets outputs the following
>
> omniORB: (0) Maximum supported GIOP version is 1.2
> omniORB: (0) Native char code sets:.
> omniORB: (0) Transmission char code sets:.
> omniORB: (0) Native wide char code sets:.
> omniORB: (0) Transmission wide char code sets:.

The static initialisers that install the code sets are not running.
They should be, because there are symbols explicitly imported from
each of the codeset modules that force it. If these initialisers fail,
you'll find that other things break too, since all sorts of things
rely on static initialisers.

Are you able to trace what happens at initialisation time before
main() is run?  Do static initialisers in the main module (rather than
a library) run?

Cheers,

Duncan

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --