[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.1 soon

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Thu Dec 19 12:03:19 2002

On Wednesday 11 December, Pablo Mejia wrote:

> I could produce a patch against the 4.0 release if that would be
> helpful.  However, as I don't want to waste the time if it is unlikely
> to be incorporated in the main source (since omniORB takes hours to
> compile it is a significant amount of time).  What convention should
> be used to fix the name shadowing: append underscore, prefix my_, etc.?

The argument names are specified as part of the C++ language mapping,
so it's not omniORB's choice to call the arguments release. I don't
think there would be any harm in changing them, though, so please
produce a patch that makes the compiler happy. Modify the names by
appending an underscore, i.e. release_.

Thanks,

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --