[omniORB] Assertion failure in giopImpl12 (omniORB4)

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Thu Dec 19 10:54:02 2002

On Friday 6 December, Chris Newbold wrote:

> The client uses N to connect to M and fails; then N + 1, N + 2 and so
> on. Eventually N == M and the client connects his socket back on itself!
> In the tracing you can see the client connect and send a 96-byte request
> which he promptly receives back again :-)

I've finally had a chance to check in a fix for this. I hope it works
in your situation. It just responds to an unexpected request message
with a message error, rather than trying to detect your particular
situation.

I wonder if it's really meant to be OK to connect a socket to itself.
I can't imagine that's a particularly useful thing to be able to do.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --