[omniORB] Single Threaded Policy: really same thread?

Kevin Wooten kwooten@itracs.com
Wed Dec 18 17:54:02 2002

Sorry, the tone of my reply was a bit more than I wanted. I am forced to
use COM and all its crazy threading models, so I am a little bit jaded.

) ?

Correct.

> > IMHO, people who "don't have to think about thread safety" should
not
> > really be using multiple threads. It is to dangerous and
> > confusing of a
> > topic that most experienced programmers don't fully understand, and
> > trying to make it "easy" for them is somewhat crazy.
>
> I completely agree, but when people use third-party components they
may
> use
> multi-threaded components without knowing it. So protection against
> multi-threading issues is per se a good thing.

This is a view I did not think of, since most of our controls are used
by us alone.