[omniORB] Make error omniORB 4.0.0 on AIX 4.3.3 with gcc

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Dec 18 14:36:00 2002

On Thursday 12 December, Andrey Koubychev wrote:

> I've found that OmniORB 4 is more suitable for compiling on AIX with
> gcc then 3.x. When I just tryed to `make` it after running
> `./configure` I get:
>
> andrey@~/omni4/omniORB-4.0.0/src >gmake export
> ../mk/beforeauto.mk:891: *** missing separator.  Stop.

The autoconf set-up isn't supported on AIX. If you look slightly
higher up in beforeauto.mk, you'll find an intentional syntax error.
Unfortunately, GNU make gets confused and doesn't report the error in
the right place.

You might want to try the current CVS contents to see if that works.
I'm still not certain, though, since I've had conflicting reports of
what is required for it to work.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --