[omniORB] Problem with long and inheiritance

Cedar Milazzo c_w_milazzo@yahoo.com
Tue Dec 17 22:06:02 2002

Hello,

I have an IDL with a coupld simple method:
void signalIntValue(in wstring name, in long value);
void signalStringValue(in wstring name, in wstring
value);

I also have a c++ class  (call it A) which implements
the IDL interface (including the signalIntValue and
signalStringValue methods), but also has a pure
virtual function:
void setProperty(int value);

I then have another C++ class (call it B), which
inherits from the first and implments the
setProperty() method.

Finally, I have a main function which instantiates an
instance of B.  However, this doesn't compile.  Visual
C++ complains that the signalIntValue method is pure
virtual!

If I remove the signalIntValue method from the IDL,
everything works!  Any ideas???

Thanks!
Cedar Milazzo