[omniORB] problems building omniORB4 on Solaris with SC 4.2

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Dec 17 20:38:01 2002

On Tuesday 17 December, baileyk@schneider.com wrote:

> I think that adding an outermost const to a parameter type is explicitly
> allowed in the function definition.  For example

Makes sense. I'll change it anyway for consistency.

> I assume you meant the "-g" is there to work around a version _5_ compiler
> bug?

Yes, that's what I meant. The version 5 compiler generates incorrect
code without debugging info for some unknown reason. I don't know the
details -- it's something Sai-Lai figured out when the 5.0 compiler
first came out.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --