[omniORB] problems building omniORB4 on Solaris with SC 4.2

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Dec 17 18:00:03 2002

On Thursday 12 December, "Lai, Patrick" wrote:

> - dynAny.cc
>   Apparently dynAnyImpl.hh and dynImpl.cc are in consistent.  The
>   DynAnyFactoryImpl::create_dyn_any_from_type_code() method has different
>   signatures in the two files.  One takes "CORBA::TypeCode_ptr" whereas
>   the other "const CORBA::TypeCode_ptr."

How peculiar. I wonder why other compilers allow it. I'll fix that
before 4.0.1.

> - beforeauto.mk.in
>   Some flags are apparently missing for Compiler_Sun4.  I copy the
>   following flags from the Compiler_Sun5 section:
>     CXXDEBUGFLAGS = -O2 -g

Do you really need the -g?  That is there to work-around a bug in the
version 4 compiler, so it shouldn't be needed on version 4. I'll put
the other things in (and the -g too if it's really required).

Thanks for reporting these things.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --