[omniORB] Single Threaded Policy: really same thread?

Kevin Matassa kevin.matassa@adobe.com
Tue Dec 17 17:40:01 2002

I'm not sure what setMainThread() does?  Am I able to call setMainThread
from within each instance of my server object, such that all subsequent
calls to that instance will continue to use the same thread?

-Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Grisby [mailto:duncan@grisby.org]
Sent: December 17, 2002 12:32 PM
To: Kevin Matassa
Cc: 'omniorb-list@omniorb-support.com'
Subject: Re: [omniORB] Single Threaded Policy: really same thread?

On Tuesday 17 December, Kevin Matassa wrote:

> I've tried this setting to no avail on my XP box.  The only way I see
> the same thread is by defining the MAIN_THREAD model in my POA.

The MAIN_THREAD policy is the only way to do what you want. Note that you
don't have to actually use the main thread. You can use a different thread
by calling omniORB::setMainThread() from the thread you want to use. You
must, of course, give the chosen thread to the ORB by calling orb->run(), or
perform_work().

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --