[omniORB] Single Threaded Policy: really same thread?

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Dec 17 17:32:02 2002

On Tuesday 17 December, Kevin Matassa wrote:

> I've tried this setting to no avail on my XP box.  The only way I see the
> same thread is by defining the MAIN_THREAD model in my POA.

The MAIN_THREAD policy is the only way to do what you want. Note that
you don't have to actually use the main thread. You can use a
different thread by calling omniORB::setMainThread() from the thread
you want to use. You must, of course, give the chosen thread to the
ORB by calling orb->run(), or perform_work().

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --