[omniORB] Single Threaded Policy: really same thread?

Kevin Matassa kevin.matassa@adobe.com
Tue Dec 17 17:07:02 2002

I've tried this setting to no avail on my XP box.  The only way I see the
same thread is by defining the MAIN_THREAD model in my POA.

-Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: jorgefm@cirsa.com [mailto:jorgefm@cirsa.com]
Sent: December 17, 2002 11:34 AM
To: omniorb-list@omniorb-support.com
Subject: RE: [omniORB] Single Threaded Policy: really same thread?

>Sorry, but I'm still left with the same question.  Based on my
>debugging
it
>looks like OmniORB doesn't reliably use the same thread calling into my
>implementation object, even when I've set the SINGLE_THREAD policy on
>its poa.  Can anyone confirm this?
>
>The libraries that I must use within context of my implemention dictate
that
>the same thread is being used.  This is beyond my control.

Hi Kevin !

I had a similar problem because in omniorb-4.x the behaviour is different
from omniorb-3.x. You have to edit your /etc/omniORB.cfg and change the
entry

  maxServerThreadPerConnection = 1

The default is 100, then when a client request a method, if the previous
request from a connection is in process, the server throws a new thread to
wait and be able to receive more request. The 'maxServerThreadPerConnection
= 1' assures that the server dont throws a new thread and the connection is
blocked until the request is completed, it was the omniorb-3.x default
behaviour.

I hope it helps!
Jorge