[omniORB] Single Threaded Policy: really same thread?

jorgefm@cirsa.com jorgefm@cirsa.com
Tue Dec 17 16:36:00 2002

>Sorry, but I'm still left with the same question.  Based on my debugging
it
>looks like OmniORB doesn't reliably use the same thread calling into my
>implementation object, even when I've set the SINGLE_THREAD policy on its
>poa.  Can anyone confirm this?
>
>The libraries that I must use within context of my implemention dictate
that
>the same thread is being used.  This is beyond my control.

Hi Kevin !

I had a similar problem because in omniorb-4.x the behaviour is different
from
omniorb-3.x. You have to edit your /etc/omniORB.cfg and change the entry

  maxServerThreadPerConnection = 1

The default is 100, then when a client request a method, if the previous
request from
a connection is in process, the server throws a new thread to wait and be
able to receive
more request. The 'maxServerThreadPerConnection = 1' assures that the
server dont throws
a new thread and the connection is blocked until the request is completed,
it was the
omniorb-3.x default behaviour.

I hope it helps!
Jorge