[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.0 naming service

bjorn rohde jensen bjensen@fastmail.fm
Mon Dec 16 19:50:02 2002

Hi Fred,

  As you undoubtedly have figured out by now, it seems to be a
problem with the transport layer, i dont see anything really
odd in your configuration. The actual cause of it, is not easily
determined besides by actually inspecting the network traffic,
but DNS related issues are always good candidates.... Have you
tried to resolve the host yuba from the host in question, and
does the name resolve to the right address?
  I dont quite understand, where the lines:
 > Caught CORBA::SystemException in bind Object to name.
 > omniORB: ERROR -- the application attempted to invoke an operation
 >  on a nil reference.
 > omniORB: throw INV_OBJREF from exception.cc:476
 > (NO,INV_OBJREF_InvokeOnNilObjRef)
come from. Have you been doing a little exploratory modification
of the eg3 example?

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn