[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.0 naming service

Fred Cook ftcook1@directvinternet.com
Sun Dec 15 19:28:01 2002

> Hi All

We are upgrading from omniORB 3.0.4 to omniORB 4.0.0.  We obtained omniORB 4.0.0 from the source code distribution.  The naming service starts and generates the normal and correct output text to the screen.  When a server (such as eg3_impl) tries to register an Object with it, a CORBA::SystemException is generated.  The offending line of code, in eg3_impl.cc, is at line 114, which is :

rootContext = CosNaming::NamingContext::_narrow(obj);

omniORB.cfg is configured as the doc specifies.

OS = RedHat Linux 7.2
compiler = gcc 2.96

Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong, and how to fix this situation.

BTW the omniNames 3.0.4 works just fine as a pin for pin replacement for omniNames 4.0.0.

-Fred