[omniORB] problems building omniORB4 on Solaris with SC 4.2

Lai, Patrick Patrick.Lai@broadvision.com
Thu Dec 12 19:38:01 2002

I ran into two problems building omniORB4 on Solaris.  I was using the SC
4.2 C++ compiler.

- dynAny.cc
  Apparently dynAnyImpl.hh and dynImpl.cc are in consistent.  The
  DynAnyFactoryImpl::create_dyn_any_from_type_code() method has different
  signatures in the two files.  One takes "CORBA::TypeCode_ptr" whereas
  the other "const CORBA::TypeCode_ptr."

- beforeauto.mk.in
  Some flags are apparently missing for Compiler_Sun4.  I copy the
  following flags from the Compiler_Sun5 section:
    CXXDEBUGFLAGS = -O2 -g
    CXXMTFLAG     = -mt
    SHAREDLIB_CPPFLAGS = -KPIC

Hopefully these can be fixed in 4.0.1, if indeed they are bugs.

-- Patrick Lai