[omniORB] Re: Using nested classes

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Thu Dec 12 12:58:01 2002

On Tuesday 10 December, Olivier BOUDEVILLE wrote:

> I have a newbie question about omniorb 4.0.0 on Solaris: I have not
> succeeded in finding a way for omniorb to disable namespaces : my C++
> compiler does not support namespaces

What compiler are you using!?  I think you should update it...

>  , and I did not find a configure
> option or a flag at compile time to use include files (such as
> omniInternal.h) with OMNI_NAMESPACE_BEGIN being converted into nested
> classes. I tried the flag -D__STL_NO_NAMESPACES but it did not work. I
> would like to totally disable namespaces, in include files and files
> generated from the IDL definition.

If you use the configure script, it should automatically discover that
you don't have namespace support. If it incorrectly thinks you do have
it, you can manually edit include/omniORB4/acconfig.h to uncomment the
HAVE_NAMESPACES define.

If you are using the old build environment for some reason, find the
part of CORBA_sysdep_trad.h that applies to you, and remove the define
of HAS_Cplusplus_Namespace.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --