[omniORB] Debug Assertion Failed although compiled with *.rtd.lib and run the Debug.exe?

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Thu Dec 12 11:15:02 2002

On Monday 9 December, "Uli Syber" wrote:

> 	idList= new Example::StringList(len);
> 	idList->length(len);
> 	(*idList)[0]=(L"Hello world");

> The message in the wstring array is correctly send form the server
> to the client but after that the omniORB server stops with the
> Assertion message.

What is the message?

Try changing the last line of code I've quoted to be

  (*idList)[0]=(const CORBA::WChar*)(L"Hello world");

String and wstring literals are meant to be const in standard C++, but
VC++ might get it wrong, meaning the sequence tries to free the string
literal when it is deleted.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --