[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.1 soon

Pablo Mejia pjm@cctechnol.com
Wed Dec 11 17:38:02 2002

    Duncan> Hi, I intend to release omniORB 4.0.1 and omniORBpy 2.1
    Duncan> soon. If you have any pending bugs or patches, please post
    Duncan> them in the next few days, otherwise they'll miss the
    Duncan> release.

I would like to build some of my projects using GCC's -Wshadow -Werror
flags.  Unfortunately, in the omniORB include file seqTemplatedecls.h
several methods use release as a parameter name.  However, GCC
complains that release shadows the release method name.  With -Werror
this becomes fatal.  Even without -Werror, the number of times the
warning shows up causes it to be useless.

It would be great if none of the header files triggered -Wshadow
warnings.  I don't know if this is limited to that one header, or if
it would trigger in other places.

I could produce a patch against the 4.0 release if that would be
helpful.  However, as I don't want to waste the time if it is unlikely
to be incorporated in the main source (since omniORB takes hours to
compile it is a significant amount of time).  What convention should
be used to fix the name shadowing: append underscore, prefix my_, etc.?

Thanks, Pablo
--
Pablo Mejia, Software Developer
C & C Technologies, Inc.		| Phone: (337) 261-0660