[omniORB] problem with omninotify

Robert E. Gruber gruber@research.att.com
Tue Dec 10 15:18:02 2002

Did you try the example clients that come with omniNotify?

-- Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: omniorb-list-admin@omniorb-support.com
[mailto:omniorb-list-admin@omniorb-support.com]On Behalf Of julien
piaser
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 4:25 AM
To: omniorb-list@omniorb-support.com
Subject: [omniORB] problem with omninotify

Hi all,

I'm having some problems trying to connect from my Win32 c++ application
to the OmniNotify default channel. I've got an exception while trying to
"narrow" the channel pointer, and just can't even see the exception
type.

My client application works on Win32 platform, and my omniorb naming and
notification services are on Linux (RH7.2). Both omniorb versions are
3.0.4.

Looking in the naming service repository with nameclt, I can see
EventChannel.EventChannel in...

Here is the code I use :
 // obtaining reference on the default channel
 CosNaming::Name name;
 name.length(1);
 name[0].id   = CORBA::string_dup("EventChannel");
 name[0].kind = CORBA::string_dup("EventChannel");
 CORBA::Object_ptr objPtr = NamingService::GetObjectReference(orb,name);

 CosNotifyChannelAdmin::EventChannel_var channel
  = CosNotifyChannelAdmin::EventChannel::_narrow(objPtr);

(where NamingService is a special object for naming service mangement -
no problem  with that)

Here is the command line I use to launch the notification service :
./notifd -c /usr/local/omni/src/services/omniNotify/channel.cfg
(I also tried ./notifd).

Any idea ?

Thanks, regards,

Julien