[omniORB] problem with bidirectional feature - BUG OR FEATURE

Fernando A. de Araujo Filho maverick@elogica.com.br
Fri Dec 6 18:48:02 2002

Thank you Duncan,

No one doubt, my application is not a console. It is a
 MFC app with many windows.

I have one class that "contains" all ORB references, before destroy
the "CView" class, I call a method only to "finalize ORB".

I have traced  the calls below when destroyng the ORB.
// Call detach method of the initialisers in reverse order.
omni_hooked_initialiser_.detach();
omni_uri_initialiser_.attach();
omni_poa_initialiser_.attach();
omni_orbOptions_initialiser_.attach();
omni_initRefs_initialiser_.detach();
omni_ObjRef_initialiser_.detach();
omni_dynamiclib_initialiser_.detach();
omni_omniCurrent_initialiser_.detach();
omni_giopStrand_initialiser_.detach();
omni_giopbidir_initialiser_.detach();
omni_giopserver_initialiser_.detach();

and I receive the CloseConnection on client side.

I hope you have understood my "complex" english :-)

At least, with the traces I am doing,  now I know  something about the
OmniOrb implementation. Some names like "giopStrand", "giopStream",
"RopeLink",
"StrandList", etc, are not more uncommon to me. The relastionship between
those
classes are the core to learn.

many thanks for your attention,

Fernando A. de Araujo filho
maverick@elogica.com.br

On Friday 6 December, "Fernando A. de Araujo Filho" wrote:

> that is a bug or feature in BIDIR mode ?

It is almost certainly a bug, but I haven't had time to look at it
yet. Are you sure a CloseConnection message is being sent?  If you
just kill a server (with Ctrl-C, kill, etc.) it has no opportunity to
send a CloseConnection message.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --