[omniORB] OmniOrb4.0.0-1 Build issue with VC7 on Win2000

Kevin Wooten kwooten@itracs.com
Tue Dec 3 18:11:01 2002

With regards to your first problem, It you may have inadvertently
switched SSL compilation on. In $(top)/mk/platforms/x86_nt_4.0.mk (you
said Win2k), and make sure the line that starts with "OPEN_SSL_ROOT=" is
commented out. That is the proper way to turn it off.

The second problem is harder, you may want to try it again after
properly configuring you make files, but it doesn't look related. It
should be looking for omni_mutex class related exports in omnithread*
dll's.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Vaughan [mailto:dave.vaughan@thales-is.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 10:01 AM
To: omniorb-list@omniorb-support.com
Subject: [omniORB] OmniOrb4.0.0-1 Build issue with VC7 on Win2000

Hi
Sorry if this is a silly question, but I have not been able to find an
answer in the
mail list archive.
I am trying to build OmniOrb4 using VC7 and Python 2.2.2
I have kept the VC6 version of omniidl.exe because of the problem with
Python being compiled with VC6

When I come to build the OmniOrb libraries, I get an error as follows:-
..\..\..\..\..\include\omniORB4\sslContext.h(69) : fatal error C1083:
Cannot
open
 include file: 'openssl/ssl.h': No such file or directory.

As a first try, I commented out the "SUBDIRS += ssl" line in
C:\OmniOrb\omniORB-4.0.0\src\lib\omniORB\orbcore/dir.mk.
This allowed the build to complete. However when I build and run
eg3_impl
I get an unhandled exception on program loading
"The procedure entry point ?unlock@omni_mutex@@QAEXXZ could not be
located
in the dynamic link library
omniORB400_rt.dll"

Can anyone plese tell me if the two problems are related.

Many Thanks

David Vaughan
(Senior Software Engineer
Thales Information Systems)