[omniORB] OmniOrb4.0.0-1 Build issue with VC7 on Win2000

Dave Vaughan dave.vaughan@thales-is.com
Tue Dec 3 17:01:02 2002

Hi
Sorry if this is a silly question, but I have not been able to find an
answer in the
mail list archive.
I am trying to build OmniOrb4 using VC7 and Python 2.2.2
I have kept the VC6 version of omniidl.exe because of the problem with
Python being compiled with VC6

When I come to build the OmniOrb libraries, I get an error as follows:-
..\..\..\..\..\include\omniORB4\sslContext.h(69) : fatal error C1083: Cannot
open
 include file: 'openssl/ssl.h': No such file or directory.

As a first try, I commented out the "SUBDIRS += ssl" line in
C:\OmniOrb\omniORB-4.0.0\src\lib\omniORB\orbcore/dir.mk.
This allowed the build to complete. However when I build and run eg3_impl
I get an unhandled exception on program loading
"The procedure entry point ?unlock@omni_mutex@@QAEXXZ could not be located
in the dynamic link library
omniORB400_rt.dll"

Can anyone plese tell me if the two problems are related.

Many Thanks

David Vaughan
(Senior Software Engineer
Thales Information Systems)