[omniORB] Assertion failure in giopImpl12 (omniORB4)

Chris Newbold cnewbold@laurelnetworks.com
Tue Dec 3 14:43:01 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 07:36, Duncan Grisby wrote:

> I think that what's happening is that the ORB is waiting for a reply
> to a request, and it gets a request message.  It's not expecting one,
> so when it tries to find a server stream to deal with it, the
> assertion fails. I'm not 100% positive, though. Can you post a trace

So how would this happen if we've killed the server process? The server
process restarted itself, but presumably the new instance would open new
TCP connections for any requests it issued. Or is there some sort of
multiplexing going on here now?

> from -ORBtraceLevel 30, so the GIOP messages are shown. If that _is_
> what's happening, it's a bug that omniORB has an assertion failure

We're working on reproducing the problem with GIOP tracing...

> rather than just reporting an error in the stream. Is it omniORB at
> the other end, or some other ORB?

We've got omniORB 4 on both ends.

--
====( Chris Newbold  <cnewbold@laurelnetworks.com> )==========================
      Laurel Networks, Inc. voice: +1 412 809 4200 fax: +1 412 809 4201