[OmniORB] [Newbie ?] Pb with eg3 on a redhat8.0

Heinrich Götzger Heinrich.Goetzger@exploding-systems.de
Tue Dec 3 14:34:01 2002

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Erwan Adam wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> Did someone run successfully the eg3 example
> in src/examples/echo of the omniORB distribution
> on a redhat8.0 ??
>
> I tried with various configurations :
>
> o omniORB 3.0.5
> o omniORB 4.0.0
>
> both compiled with gcc3.2 or a gcc2.95.3
> recompiled (with --enable-threads and so on)
> but I've got always the same message :
>

>  > eg3_impl
>
> IOR:...........
> Caught CORBA:SystemException

Do you have the LD_LIBRARY_PATH set correctly?

omni4 () {
        echo "switch to OmniORB 4.0.0"
        export OMNIORB_HOME=/opt/omni-4.0.0
        export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$OMNIORB_HOME/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
        export PATH=$OMNIORB_HOME/bin:${PATH}
        export OMNINAMES_LOGDIR=~/tmp
        export OMNIORB_CONFIG=~/omniORB.cfg
}