[omniORB] Making the build system extensible

Harri Pasanen harri.pasanen@trema.com
Tue Dec 3 08:09:01 2002

On Monday 02 December 2002 18:29, Pfeiffer Daniel wrote:
> Hullo Duncan,
>
> we use the omniORB build system for our own stuff.  This is very handy, as
> it's got all the rules for IDL and so forth.  The drawback is that
> everything gets exported into the bin, lib, ... directories of the omniORB
> where other developers shouldn't be writing.
>
> By changing beforedir from
>
> EXPORT_TREE      = $(TOP)

> EXPORT_TREE      ||= $(TOP)
>
> we could easily override this in our build system.  Then every developer
> could have his own little destination tree while using the same ORB.

Why don't you just do

override EXPORT_TREE=yourdir

somewhere?   Under GNU make that should make your EXPORT_TREE pretty much like
a constant, only modifiable with another override qualifier.

-Harri