[omniORB] How to minimize the timeout on a connection broken ?

Slava Garelin garelin@ukr.net
Fri Aug 23 17:08:01 2002

On Friday 23 August 2002 17:29, Thierry Descombes wrote:
> Thanks a lot! Is there a changes to make in order to migrate to version
> 4 beta 2 (from 3.0.4) ?

You must recreate stub files with no changes in idl-s.

In the file generated by omniidl ? I have tried
> to init the ORB with all the following options:
>
> "-ORBclientCallTimeOutPeriod", "1",
> "-ORBserverCallTimeOutPeriod", "1",
> "-ORBinConScanPeriod", "1",
> "-ORBoutConScanPeriod","1"
>
> But in vain...
> When I disconnect the cable, my application congeals and starts again as
> soon as I reconnect the cable (the periode of inactivity being able to
> last several minutes). Is the version 4 and its interceptors, will solve
> my problems ?

The fourth version will solve your problems even if you will not use
interceptors. I do not know as the third version behaves in this case. In any
case I do not see the bases to remain on the previous version at presence new.

> I think the problem is in the way the socket are openned. Could I try to
> modify the source code to add a "setsockopt" with the SO_KEEPALIVE
> option, on all the created socket ? Would it have any bad consequences ?

It is in my opinion deprived sense for CORBA has for an goal just to output
us on more high level of abstraction.

--
Slava Garelin