[omniORB] How to force Omniorb 4.0 to use a certain IP address?

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Aug 20 11:09:01 2002

On Monday 19 August, "Rick Sanden" wrote:

> Both my client and server have two network cards. For both
> computers, one network card is used to access the intranet. The
> other card (for both) is used to create a fast peer to peer network
> for the client and server to talk to each other via omniorb. I am
> running windows 2000 on both the client and server.  The client and
> server can find each other only if I enable the network cards in a
> certain order. If I enable the intranet first,on both, everything
> seems to work fine. If I enable the peer to peer cards first,
> callbacks start to fail.  Is there a way to force omniorb 4.0 to
> always look at the the peer to peer ip address and to forget about
> the intranet?

In omniORB 4 the option you need is called -ORBendPoint, or endPoint
in the configuration file. See the (new) documentation linked from

  http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/docs.html

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --