[omniORB] minor build problem in omniORB-4 with openssl on FreeBSD

Guy Middleton guy@certaintysolutions.com
Fri Aug 16 15:48:01 2002

As far as I can tell, the configure script and makefile templates expect that
OpenSSL be in its own directory:

	# To build the SSL transport, OPEN_SSL_ROOT must be defined and points to
	# the top level directory of the openssl library. The default is to disable
	# the build.
	#
	#OPEN_SSL_ROOT = /usr/local/openssl
	#

	OPEN_SSL_CPPFLAGS = -I$(OPEN_SSL_ROOT)/include
	OPEN_SSL_LIB = -L$(OPEN_SSL_ROOT)/lib -lssl -lcrypto
	OMNIORB_SSL_LIB += $(OPEN_SSL_LIB)
	OMNIORB_SSL_CPPFLAGS += $(OPEN_SSL_CPPFLAGS)

In FreeBSD (I have a FreeBSD-4.6 system here), OpenSSL is part of the base
sysstem, with include files in /usr/include/openssl, and libraries in
/usr/lib, so there isn't an easy way to compile omniORB with OpenSSL
transport.