[omniORB] giopServerThreadWrapper obsolete?

Norrie Quinn norrie.quinn@tumbleweed.com
Wed Aug 14 00:38:01 2002

Hi,

I notice that the giopServerThreadWrapper mechanism has been made obsolete
in omniORB4.

It seems like it was ideal for implementing one time thread setup code.  For
example, on Windows CoInitializeEx() and _set_se_translator() need to be
called once per thread.  CoInitializeEx() can also be called in DllMain,
but _set_se_translator() cannot.  I'm going to try calling
_set_se_translator() in an interceptor but it's not ideal as it will be
called on every invocation.

Was giopServerThreadWrapper made obsolete in omniORB4 for any particular
reason?

Thanks
Norrie