FW: [omniORB] Is this a Bug in OmniORB??

bjorn rohde jensen bjensen@fastmail.fm
Thu Aug 8 07:33:00 2002

Hi Sahay,

 I am using the current omniORB4 development snapshot
straight from source forge cvs on mandrake 8.1 linux,
and i have no problems of any kind with nil references.
 The fact, that the code is working with omniORB 3.0.4,
makes me think, there is something fishy about your
omniORB4 project, and that duplicating the nil reference
before returning it makes the problem go away is next
to mind boggling to me, since nil references are usually
implemented as non referenced counted singletons or
actual NULL pointers according to H&V's book. I am pretty
sure, the problem with the nil references is only a
symptom of an other serious problem.

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn