[omniORB] bug report: omniidl

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Fri Aug 2 12:43:01 2002

On Tuesday 30 July, "Ralf Hupfer" wrote:

> I think I've found a bug in the omniidl compiler. When compiling the
> attached IDL with -bcxx -Wba -Wbh=.h -Wbs=.cpp -Wbd=.cpp, the
> output file
> can not be compiled by gcc. The error occurs at line 362:
>
> void operator<0::alignedSize(CORBA::ULong msgsize)

omniORB 3's IDL compiler doesn't support outputting the stubs and
dynamic stubs to the same file, so one overwrites the other in an
unpredictable way. You have to use separate files for them. omniORB
4's IDL compiler does support outputting to a single file.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --