[omniORB] How can I creat a hot-standby name service?

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Fri Aug 2 12:40:01 2002

On Monday 29 July, "zlr" wrote:

>     What does "a simple application specific service" mean? Do I must write
> it by myself?

Yes, that's what I mean by "application specific".

>     If I have to write it by myself, I want do it by the following logic.
>     I hope you can give me some suggestion or tell me if I can find a easier
> way to do it.

It sounds to me as though the issue you are trying to deal with is a
whole machine crashing. Is that right?  If so, I don't see why you
need to write things to a file. You can just store object references
in memory. In fact, if that is what you are doing, I don't see why you
can't just run omniNames on each machine you are using, and have
explicit client logic to try different name services. You don't seem
to have any requirement to share data between different instances of
your name to object service.

Can you explain more precisely what your application requires?

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --