[omniORB] [omniORB]not able to run omniidl

Mohan rmohan@ice-com.com
Thu Aug 1 05:13:01 2002

Hi,

I have configured omni under sun-sparc-solaris version 5.8. I managed to
build the source code, but when I try to run omniidl command I am getting
the following errors.
$ omniidl
omniidl: ERROR!

omniidl: Could not open IDL compiler module _omniidlmodule.so
omniidl: Please make sure it is in directory
/home/ram/omni/lib/sun4_sosV_5.8
omniidl: (or set the PYTHONPATH environment variable)

omniidl: (The error was `ld.so.1:
/home/ram/omni/bin/sun4_sosV_5.8/omnipython: fatal: libstdc++.so.2.10.0:
open failed: No such file or directory')

On .profile I have specified all the required paths where ld.so.1,
libstdc++.so.2.10.0 and _omniidlmodule.so existing.
I am using the compiler version gcc-2.85 for sparc.
Is there any version conflict? What I did was first I unistalled the
previous version of gcc which is 3.0 by making use of pkgrm command and
installed gcc-2.85-sparc by making use of pkgadd command.
Whats going wrong? Can someone help me please?

Ram