[omniORB] OmniORB 4.0

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:41:11 +0100

On Monday 29 April, Thomas Zumbiehl wrote:

> Where (or how) could I get the 4.0 beta release of OmniORB ?

  ftp://ftp.omniorb.org/pub/omniORB/omniORB_40_snapshots/

Or, for a slightly more up-to-date version, do a CVS checkout of the
omni4_0_develop branch from SourceForge:

  http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=51138

> It seems that it has the autoconf mecanism, is that true ?

Yes.

> If yes, may omniORB be compiled on major Unix (HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, Digital
> and of course Linux) using a gcc compiler ?

No. omniORB works with gcc on Linux and Solaris, but I believe there
are problems on HP-UX. I have no idea about Tru-64 / Digital. Try it
and see what happens. You might be lucky.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --