[omniORB] Help on running ECHO example.

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 00:48:13 +0100

On Thursday 25 April, "JIM WANG, BLOOMBERG/ SKILLMAN" wrote:

>  Hi guys, I am new to omniORB and have problems in running echo
> example #3. I started omniNames at the default port 2809. when I do
> ./nameclt list an error msg "Cannot resolve the root context. have
> you setup configuration file properly?"

Well, have you set up the configuration file (or Windows registry)
correctly?

Do the eg1 and eg2 examples work?  What platform are you using?
Try running the failing programs with command line arguments
-ORBtraceLevel 10. That will print out some helpful logging.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --