[omniORB] omniORBpy & omniORB4

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 15:30:58 +0100

On Saturday 27 April, Jason Sibthorpe wrote:

> I am unable to get omniORBpy to build with omniORB4 (SuSE 7.2).
> I noticed when building omniORB4 that platform specific directories
> (apart from win32) are no longer in the bin directory and yet when
> building omniORBpy, /bin/i596_linux_2.0_glibc2.1 is searched for
> omkdepend.

It looks like you are trying to use omniORBpy 1.x with omniORB 4. That
won't work. You must use the omniORBpy 2.x development branch.

I recommend that you use the configure scripts to build omniORB 4 and
omniORBpy 2. That way, you don't need to put omniORBpy inside the
omniORB tree. Just configure them both with the same prefix and do
make; make install in the trees, omniORB first.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --