[omniORB] omniORB4 for mission critical production app

Jian Deng jdeng@kcco.com
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:20:42 -0500

Duncan Grisby wrote:

> On Friday 26 April, baileyk@schneider.com wrote:
>
> > If Duncan were to offer support for a reasonable fee, I'm almost sure we'd
> > pay for it.  However, I wonder if he has the legal staff necessary to bang
> > out a contract my company's lawyers will accept.  Lack of commercial
> > support is the big stumbling block here.   ...

i would like to summit that if a company is run by lawyers, than omniorb is
probably the wrong kind of software,  free and open source.  it would be much
safer to go w commercial ones like microsoft's.  for a top notch omniorb expert,
it is the lawyer's job to bang out a contract that the techy will accept and to
pay him to review the contract.