[omniORB] omniORB4 for mission critical production app

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:55:30 +0100

On Friday 26 April, baileyk@schneider.com wrote:

> If Duncan were to offer support for a reasonable fee, I'm almost sure we'd
> pay for it.  However, I wonder if he has the legal staff necessary to bang
> out a contract my company's lawyers will accept.  Lack of commercial
> support is the big stumbling block here.  I have already explained the
> situation to my boss and forwarded Duncan's plans.  I'll do my best to make
> us a paying customer ( in both $$ and my time to learn and possibly
> contribute to omniORB ) if we adopt it as a critical piece.

As I said in my earlier email to the list, I don't think I am in the
position to offer full commercial support for omniORB at present. I
certainly don't have any legal staff. In fact, I don't have any staff
at all at the moment.

However, I am very open to any serious offers to do with omniORB's
future, including contracts that involve an element of support. I
think it's quite possible that I could arrange email support for a
limited number of companies, but I don't think it would be feasible to
do anything like 24 hour telephone support.

Yours,

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --