[omniORB] IOR Distributor?

Jennie Holmes jennie_l_holmes@yahoo.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:42:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

Thanks for the response!  Yes, it is for
bootstrapping.

And Yes, I am restricted from using the Naming
Service.
Not my decision.  This definitely does make it harder!

Having a persistent IOR doesn't help me with the
bootstrapping problem, alhtough that is another
thing that we might do.

We are basically delivering a system on two boxes,
one Linux and one Solaris.  I have a server on the
Linux box using omniORB, and a client on the Solaris
box using TAO.  I don't want to put the IOR into a
file because I don't want anything manual to be part
of the installation, and that's what we would have
to do - use a persistent IOR, run the server, get
the IOR into a file, ftp the file to the client side.
Then when the system is started "for real", the IOR
is there in a file ready to be used.

If there is another option, please let me know!  If
the client and server were on the same box, putting
the IOR into a file might work.  But with them on
different boxes, it just seems like a bad idea.

Thanks,