[omniORB] Python 2.2.1 can import _omniidl, but no _omnipy [hpux]

Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:50:28 +0100

On Wednesday 17 April, ville.vainio@swisslog.com wrote:

> Can anyone help?  Is this some incompatibility with version 2.2.1
> (though omniORBpy binaries appear to exist for win32/py2.1)

omniORBpy certainly works fine with Python 2.2.1 on other platforms,
so it's not that. It must be an HPUX thing. I assume you have made the
_omnipymodule.sl executable?

Does HPUX have anything like the LD_DEBUG environment variable on
Linux and Solaris?  That lets you ask for lots of debugging
information about what the dynamic linker is doing, so it's easier to
trace problems.

If you can't figure out how to make it work with the dynamic linker,
you might consider building a Python executable that is explicitly
linked with omniORB and _omnipymodule. That way, when you try to
import _omnipy from Python, the dynamic linker won't be needed.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --