[omniORB] RE: A question on omniORBpy 1_4_x86

Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:38:25 +0100

On Tuesday 16 April, "KANGATHARAN, Bharathi" wrote:

[...]
> proxy_push_supplier  <RtecEventChannelAdmin._objref_ProxyPushSupplier
> instance a
> t 008960B4>
> event_consumer  <__main__.PushConsumer_servant instance at 0085E65C>

You haven't showed the code that printed that. Are you trying to pass
the servant as a CORBA object?

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "event_consumer3_1.py", line 169, in ?
>     errorvar = proxy_push_supplier.connect_push_consumer(event_object, qos)
>   File "RtecEventChannelAdmin_idl.py", line 179, in connect_push_consumer
>     return _omnipy.invoke(self, "connect_push_consumer",
> _0_RtecEventChannelAdmi
> n.ProxyPushSupplier._d_connect_push_consumer, args)
> omniORB.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: Minor: 0, Completed: COMPLETED_NO.
>
> which seems to be coming back from the TAO ORB. Right?

No, most likely the BAD_PARAM has come from omniORB, meaning that the
Python objects you passed were not correct for the IDL. Try running
with -ORBtraceLevel 10. That will indicate exactly where the BAD_PARAM
is thrown from, so then we'll know what type it was expecting.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --