[omniORB] NameService

Eguchi, Koji Koji.Eguchi@DRKW.com
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 23:35:31 +0900

Hello bjorn,

It worked. I was able to resolve the service names on omniNames and from
here, I should be able to create and use servant objects as usual. Thank you
so much.

Best regards,
Koji

-----Original Message-----
From: bjorn rohde jensen [mailto:shamus@tdcadsl.dk]
Sent: 2002 4 15 23:00
To: OmniOrb mailing list (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [omniORB] NameService

Hi Koji,

 A lookup in a CORBA name service only yields a match,
if the name and kind parts of all name components match.
The default value of the kind field of a name component
is an empty string.

"Eguchi, Koji" wrote:

[snip]
>         CosNaming::Name name(2);
>         name.length(2);
>         name[0].id = CORBA::string_dup("Stars");

          name[0].kind = CORBA::string_dup("Services");//set kind part

>         name[1].id = CORBA::string_dup("MCM");

          name[1].kind = CORBA::string_dup("Server");//set kind part

>         CORBA::Object_var obj = root->resolve(name);
[snip]

> Best regards,
> Koji

yours sincerely,

bjorn

Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein is the marketing name used
globally to represent the investment banking activities of
Dresdner Bank Group. In Japan, Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein
is represented by Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein (Japan) Limited,
Tokyo Branch or Dresdner Bank AG, Tokyo Branch.