[omniORB] install omniorb/python on openvms.

Visscher, Bruce VISSCHB@RJRT.com
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 09:52:50 -0400

------=_NextPartTM-000-bd3e2356-500b-11d6-8e28-002048641d5c

Kevin,

> I download  a python.zip fiel from compaq's website for openvms =
freeware5.0. It seems leak of files, who can tell me where I can
find a full VMS python package?

Thank you for pointing out that the Python package is available on the =
OpenVMS freeware CD version 5.0.  This is the only publicly
available version of Python that I am aware of that is newer than Python =
1.1.  For the record, the URL is http://www.openvms.compaq.
com/freeware/freeware50/python.

After a cursory examination of the files on that site I am guessing that =
you need to first unpack the file pyvms_970216.zip.  I
think the resulting file is an OpenVMS backup saveset (type "HELP =
BACKUP" at the DCL prompt).  Then you would unpack the other zip
file(s) as a "patch".

If are able to get this distribution up and running, please let us know!

> How to install omniORB easily? May I install omniORB without compile =
python or omniORB for VMS myself?

Unfortunately, I am not aware of binary distributions for omniORB or =
Python for OpenVMS at this point in time.

Bruce   =20

------=_NextPartTM-000-bd3e2356-500b-11d6-8e28-002048641d5c

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:  This e-mail message, including any attachment(s), contains information that may be confidential, protected by the attorney-client or other legal privileges, and/or proprietary non-public information.  If you are not an intended recipient of this message or an authorized assistant to an intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.  Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message and/or any of its attachments (if any) by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.

------=_NextPartTM-000-bd3e2356-500b-11d6-8e28-002048641d5c--