[omniORB] Application shut down

David Hyde davidh@cavendish.co.uk
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:41:17 +0100

This is (hopefully) a quick question:

In general before I allow my applications to shut down I ensure that

POA::deactivate_object() and _remove_ref() have been called for all of =
my
CORBA servers, then I call

ORB->shutdown(0);
ORB->destroy();

and then the main() function terminates.

Can I guarantee that all of the destructors on all of my objects have
completed before main() terminates, or is there some form of ayncronous
operation that is liable to be cut short?

Many thanks

David

David Hyde
Designer
Cavendish
Admiral House, St Leonards Road
Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 3BL
United Kingdom

Tel:  +44 (0) 1753 836600
DDI: +44 (0) 1753 836619
Fax: +44 (0) 1753 855021

Web: www.cavendish.co.uk <http://www.cavendish.co.uk/>

This email is copyright =A92002  The Cavendish Organisation Ltd. All =
Rights
Reserved. The content of the email is confidential and only for =
disclosure
to the intended recipient(s). This email does not constitute a formal =
order,
instruction or statement on behalf of the company.