[omniORB] Building omniORB on hpux11 & py2.2?!?

Harri Pasanen harri.pasanen@trema.com
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:10:37 +0200

You cannot use gcc on HP-UX 11.x to compile omniORB,  due to bugs in gcc
that does not work.

See README.hpux11 for details on how to compile python.
You can probably get away with just recompiling main() with aCC, and
linking with aCC, even if other python sources are compiled with gcc.

Make sure that the shared libraries (.sl files) have the execute bit set,
otherwise they will not load.  This is also HP-UX specific.

Disclaimer:  I haven't tried with aCC myself, I've been using KCC.   Ideal
would be getting gcc working, as KCC and aCC have various problems of their
own.

-Harri