[omniORB] Solaris 8 compat mode support for Sun C++ compiler

Fri, 28 Sep 2001 17:24:39 +0100

On Friday 28 September, Rakshit Simha wrote:

> I am using omniORB 3.0.2 and omniORB 2.8.0 on Solaris 8 (sparc). The
> compiler is Sun Forte 6U1 running in compat mode 4.  In this compat
> mode, there is no support for namespaces.

Thanks, I've added your update to the tree.

> My other question is non-technical: if we keep this modification and
> release our product, what are our source-disclosure obligations under
> GPL/LGPL?

Whether you change the omniORB source or not, your obligations are the
same. If you distribute software using omniORB, you _must_ offer
distribute the source for the version of omniORB you are using,
including any modifications you have made to it. You don't have to
disclose the source to your application at all, assuming your
application isn't wrapped up in changes to omniORB.