[omniORB] Event Service?

Ulrich Eck ueck@net-labs.de
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 17:47:11 +0200

> omniNotify, which implements the Notification Service
> (an extension of the Event Service), is backward
> compatible with the Event Service.   See
>
> http://www.research.att.com/~ready/omniNotify/index.html
>
> I am going to release a new version (omniNotify 1.1) next
> week, so the best thing to do at this point is to wait
> until the 1.1 release, then try it out.

We plan to implement a prototype of a CosTransaction Service spec 1.2
in python based on omniORB 4.0.

We do not have too much experience in coding c++ but we have done it at least.

I have a few questions before we start this project :

- our project needs the CosNotification Service .. are there any plans to make omniNotify
  work/compile with the upcoming omniORB4 ?? (i posted this on omninotify as well)

- CosTransactions specifies that the TransactionContext is given to the called CorbaObject
  transparently through the use of CORBA::Current.
  - Is it possible to achieve this with the new omniORB4 version ?
  - do we need to code this (an interceptor ??) in c++ (or anyone is interested to do so :-) ??
  - is the implementation of IIOP capable of handling the TransactionContext requests ??

thanks for your answers

Ulrich Eck
net-labs Systemhaus GmbH
ueck@net-labs.de