[omniORB] licensing

Wed, 12 Sep 2001 16:22:31 +0100

On Tuesday 11 September, "Sveta Shasharina" wrote:

> Will you object to the following use of omniorb:
> using the ast C++ parser in order to build another C++
> library generating back-ends we need?  Will we have to distribute
> our full source code?

src/tool/omniidl/LICENSE says

  As a special exception to the terms of the GPL, we do not consider
  back-ends to be derived works of omniidl. This means that you may
  distribute back-ends you write under any terms you like. The back-ends
  we distribute are licensed under the GPL, so you must abide by its
  terms if you distribute or modify our back-ends.

So yes, you can distribute your back-end without releasing the source
to it.